Lawn Medical Centre are recruiting a new partner or Salaried GP needed for 4-8 sessions a week, job share considered.
We are a steadily growing suburban training practice of 3 partners and 2 salaried GPs list size 7900. High standard, purpose built, leased premises.
Informal enquiries or visits are welcome.
Main duties of the job
The ideal candidate will value family medicine and continuity of care. The practice is accredited for training, involved with research and is part of the Wyvern Health Partnership Primary Care Network.
We are looking for a complementary and dynamic individual to join our excellent, caring team & help us take these roles forward and be proactive in further practice development.
- In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other health care workers within the organisation
- Assessing the health care needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols
- Providing counselling and health education
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
- Recording clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards
- Collecting data for audit purposes
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions whenever possible)
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
- In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration.
Should you have any queries, please contact Colin Robson, Practice Manager: Email: email@example.com Tel: 01793402095
Please apply via NHS Jobs: https://beta.jobs.nhs.uk/candidate/jobadvert/A1589-20-7975